Tuesday, April 21, 2009

The Season Begins

Last night was the start to my 2009 softball season. We have been rained out the first 2 weeks but last night was a blast. Abi was awesome as she was there cheering for her Daddy! The first game we won 19-4. This is pretty awesome considering we lost the second place game in the tournament last September, 2 to 1. So we have found our bats again. In this game I went 4 for 5 with 2 singles, 1 double, and 1 triple. I had 1 RBI and 3 runs scored. I also had one putout in the game.

The second game we lost 16-17 and I was thrown out at the plate to end the game...I thought I was safe...but I felt really bad because Neil was getting ready to hit and he probably would have drove me home...Sorry Neil...In this game I went 3 for 3 with 2 triples, 1 single, and 1 walk. I had 2 RBI's and 3 runs scored. I also had 1 putout in the field.

So for those of you keeping track I am 7 for 8 on the year. Batting .875 with 3 singles, 1 double, 3 triples, 0 inside the park homeruns, 0 out of the park homerun, 1 walk, 3 RBI's, 6 runs, and 0 stolen bases. I am also 2 for 2 in the field with a fielding percentage of 1.000.

Totals since April 1st 2006 (not including 2008 tourney)-I am 169 for 261. Batting .648 with 119 singles, 26 doubles, 19 triples, 4 inside the park homeruns, 2 out of the park homerun, 8 walks, 99 RBI's, at least 113 runs, and 1 stolen base. I am also 191 of 208 in the field with a fielding percentage of .918.

This weekend is filled with fishing, softball, and also with the big B-Day Party. It is going to be AWESOME! I am looking forward to seeing mom, dad, Noah and Saige!

1 comment:

  1. This is awesome! I'm so glad that you all finally got to PLAY a game! Maybe next monday will be dry and sunny too... here's hopin! I am excited for the awesome birthday party too :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!!! Just post your comments, however they may not appear in the comments display immediately. I'll try to respond asap!

Jon