Thursday, May 21, 2009

Graduation, One Game, 41 Students, Vacation!

On Monday I played one game because I missed the late one to go to Hillcrest Highschool Graduation. I have been in Springfield now for 4 and 1/2 years and this was my first Highschool graduation here. Let's just say that I will be attending graduations now here for a very long time. It is not that I have been purposefully skipping graduations for 4 years. It is that this year was the first year in Springfield where I've had seniors who were consistant. Also a student who I had an opportunity to lead to Christ several years back graduated as well. Congrats to all the seniors out there but especially to the 5 who have been faithfully attending Connection Youth Ministry. Our graduating classes from CYM are only getting bigger from here on out! Hello busy May for the rest of my life! It is so worth it though!

Also I am going on Vacation today. We leave in 10 minutes to go to the hills of New Mexico. We are going with most of our Transformation Group Family (Neil, Julie, Justin and Kimberly). I have been looking forward to this for a long time. I am sure Julie will post some pics in the next couple of weeks before it is said and done. She has been our group historian! Thanks Julie!

So the game on Monday we won 18-11. I went 2-4 with a walk. I had 1 single, 1 triple, 1 walk, 2 RBIs, and 3 runs scored. I caught 2 in the field and threw a runner out at home plate. This game my arm was accurate!

So for those of you keeping track I am 20 for 31 on the year. Batting .645 with 13 singles, 2 doubles, 4 triples, 1 inside the park homerun, 0 out of the park homeruns, 3 walks, 12 RBI's, 18 runs, and 0 stolen bases. I am also 18 for 21 in the field with a fielding percentage of .857.

Totals since April 1st 2006 (not including 2008 tourney)-I am 182 for 284. Batting .641 with 129 singles, 27 doubles, 20 triples, 5 inside the park homeruns, 2 out of the park homerun, 10 walks, 108 RBI's, at least 125 runs, and 1 stolen base. I am also 207 of 227 in the field with a fielding percentage of .912.

1 comment:

  1. So I really try hard to read all the soft ball stuff.. and I just don't get it.
    I mean i get some of it, but the rest just ... over my head.
    Sorry.
    AHH Im Graduating NEXT year!!
    That's so CRAZY!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!!! Just post your comments, however they may not appear in the comments display immediately. I'll try to respond asap!

Jon