Thursday, January 26, 2012

SURGE in Review 1/25/12


Last night at SURGE we began "The Journey".  This is a new series based off of the missionary journeys of the Apostle Paul.  Last night we focused on Acts 7-13 as we looked at how we were first introduced to Saul in Acts 7 as he was giving his approval to the death of a Christ Follower named Stephen and how his life was totally transformed by the time he is set off on his first missionary journey with Barnabas in chapter 13.  Our key theme for this series and for last night was: Where have you been?, Where are you currently?, and Where are you going?

We also talked a bit at length about the fear that spread through Jerusalem by the persecution by Saul.  What if the government decided to imprison all Christ Followers again like they did during this dark time in Jerusalem in Acts 8.  I did some reflecting myself as I filmed some of my worldly possessions and wondered how much of it I'd leave behind.  You can check that video out here:


Last night we talked about 4 cities that either impacted Saul's life or was impacted by him.  The first student that can name all 4 cities in order will get a surprise next Wed. at SURGE!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!!! Just post your comments, however they may not appear in the comments display immediately. I'll try to respond asap!

Jon