Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Simply known as "The Man of God"...



There is this really crazy story in the Old Testament found in 1 Kings 13.  You can read it by clicking here.  There are 2 things that I'd like to point out from this passage of Scripture...

1. Would I be content with being remembered simply as "The Man of God from Springfield"?  Or do I always have to have my name attached to everything?  Would I be content with no one knowing my name but with everyone knowing that I was a servant of the Most High?  I know I struggle with this a ton.  Is it worth doing something if I never get the credit?  Obviously, I know what the right answer is but that doesn't make it any easier...

2. Regardless of what some Christian observers may think...I believe it is quite easy for a "Man of God" to be led astray.  I'm afraid that there are even times when another "Man of God" can lead another "Man of God" astray by giving him improper advise.  The prophet in 1 Kings 13 lied intentionally to the "Man of God" but I believe you should never rush into anything that God has already warned you to stay away from.  Just look at the Scripture in the Old Testament and you will find some of the most notable Bible characters led astray.  King David is a great example of a Man after God's own heart making a poor decision.  I am reminded of the song that my 5 year old girl sometimes sings.  "Oh be careful little eyes what you see, Oh be careful little ears what you hear, Oh be careful little mouth what you say, Oh be careful little feet where you go"...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!!! Just post your comments, however they may not appear in the comments display immediately. I'll try to respond asap!

Jon