Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Week 3, day 1

Hi Friends,

This week at LifeQuest Church we will be continuing our series on Honoring God with our Finances.  Our verse for the week is 2nd Corinthians 9:6-7.  It says "Remember this--a farmer who plants only a few seeds will get a small crop.  But the one who plants generously will get a generous crop.  You must each decide in your heart how much to give.  And don't give reluctantly or in response to pressure. 'For God loves a person who gives cheerfully.'"  If you'd like to take an additional journey this week, I'm hoping to send out a few "primer" emails to get us warmed up for Sunday's message on generosity (notice I didn't say TITHING!!!)  That message comes later in the series.  Today if you have 4 extra minutes I'd like for you to watch this music video by Audio Adrenaline called "Kings and Queens".  I was listening to this song on the radio the other day and the bridge of this song caught my attention.  It says:

"If not us who will be like Jesus
To the least of these
If not us tell me who will be like Jesus
Like Jesus to the least of these"

I pray that God will soften your heart and my heart to bring hope to the least of these.  Please watch the video by clicking on the links on this page.

This week…be generous…

Pastor Jon

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!!! Just post your comments, however they may not appear in the comments display immediately. I'll try to respond asap!

Jon