Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Week 3, Day 2

It appears that God is messing with me. I don't know if this has ever happened to you, but it is happening to me right now. Yesterday, I challenged you to be generous. It is apparent that God is challenging me this week to be generous. We are in the middle of a series called "Honor$" here at LifeQuest Church. We have been challenged to; honor God with our finances, trust God with our finances, get out of debt, and this week we will be talking about being generous.

Yesterday, as soon as I finished sending you all an email about being generous, my phone in my office rang. It was a family that needed someone to be generous with their time and vehicle. It seems this always happens on a week when my to-do list is about sixty pages long. I know God wants me to trust Him in all areas of my life, even if it means being inconvenienced. I knew God wanted me to be generous with my time yesterday because there is a secret about pastors: God typically makes us practice what we preach. So I obeyed. Believe it or not, as I was getting ready to start this email there was a knock on my door. I'll fill you in on that conversation tomorrow.

This week…be generous,

Pastor Jon

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!!! Just post your comments, however they may not appear in the comments display immediately. I'll try to respond asap!

Jon