Monday, June 4, 2012

Headed to Arkansas



The Smoky Mountains were awesome!!!!!  After saying goodbye to Amanda and the kids, I am about to head out for some more camping and trout fishing...this time it will be in Arkansas.  I was able to listen to my good friend, Neil Oldham's sermon on the "Success Idol" on my way home from Tennessee.  I thought he did an excellent job at explaining the difference between success as our God vs. God as our success.  This is definitely something that I have struggled with in ministry and enjoyed Neil challenging me on that.  I had the opportunity to drive for several hours over the last couple of weeks so that gave me some time to catch up on Jeff Manion's current series called, "When God Moves".  This series started at Easter and has walked through the foundation of the church in the book of Acts.  Not only did it challenge me because of the awesomeness of the Apostles but it reminded me about the hope that is found in the local church.  Hopefully the next time I post it will be pictures of the world record trout that I'll have caught!  Or maybe you'll just have to settle for something a bit smaller...LOL!  This week I'll be finishing up Crazy Love and beginning one of the C.S. Lewis books on my list.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!!! Just post your comments, however they may not appear in the comments display immediately. I'll try to respond asap!

Jon