Monday, June 11, 2012

Reading and Fishing...Fishing and Reading...

Last week I had the tremendous opportunity to fish the Spring River around Mammoth Springs in Arkansas.  This also meant that I was able to spend a lot of that time fishing with my dad, which I always enjoy.  The fish above that I caught is one of the biggest rainbows I've ever landed and the biggest I've ever caught on a fly rod.  I was able to spend a night at my parents' house and then they joined me at my campsite on Thursday for a night.  We caught these fish by the Riverside Resort.

 I finished up Crazy Love last week.  I can say that it was a decent book.  I was a bit disappointed in the depth of it.
I started and completed The Great Divorce last week.  This was a great read.  I can't say that this book had no depth because it was as deep as anything I've read.  I am still mulling over the scenarios of those who choose a life separated from God.  A few of my favorite quotes from this book are as follows:


"There is but one good; that is God.  Everything else is good when it looks to Him and bad when it turns from Him."


“There are only two kinds of people in the end: those who say to God, "Thy will be done," and those to whom God says, in the end, "Thy will be done." All that are in Hell, choose it. Without that self-choice there could be no Hell. No soul that seriously and constantly desires joy will ever miss it. Those who seek find. Those who knock it is opened. ” 


“There have been men before … who got so interested in proving the existence of God that they came to care nothing for God himself… as if the good Lord had nothing to do but to exist. There have been some who were so preoccupied with spreading Christianity that they never gave a thought to Christ.” 


“You cannot love a fellow creature fully till you love God.” 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!!! Just post your comments, however they may not appear in the comments display immediately. I'll try to respond asap!

Jon