Saturday, May 26, 2012

The Great Smoky Mountain National Park

We arrived in Townsend Tennessee last night.  We quickly set up the camper and went straight for the creek.  Today we drove through Cades Cove and saw the beautiful mountains that I saw when I camped with my grandparents when I was a kid.  This may sound a bit funny but I remember the smell of these mountains and streams.  I have felt something stir in me that I can't explain.  A hint of renewal.  A ton of memories.  A bit of bringing my childhood family's past into my adulthood family's present.  We are only into our second day and I'm feeling tremendously blessed to be in Tennessee with Amanda, Abi, and Clay.  Everything here touches the memory senses.  Even the grocery store brought back great memories of spending a few days in the mountains of New Mexico with Neil, Julie, Justin, and Kimberly.  I guess the stores were similar but I smiled through each isle as I recalled what great friends I've been blessed with.  A great past...A great present...What does God have planned for my future?

Tomorrow we are off to visit Paint Creek and Horse Creek where we camped and played when I was a kid.

Trying to drag Clay down to the creek

Once at the creek, Clay wanted to throw rocks and Abi wanted to get in!









I had forgotten how tall these trees are here.  As soon as I looked up to take this picture I remembered the many times I looked up and saw this picture as I would sit with my Papaw around the campfire.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!!! Just post your comments, however they may not appear in the comments display immediately. I'll try to respond asap!

Jon