Saturday, May 5, 2012

With Abi in the Wilderness

These are some of the highlights from taking Abi to the Paddy Creek Wilderness.  We had a great time spending some daddy/daughter time together.  It was fun having someone along to play in the creek with and to talk to around the camp fire.  I can't believe this girl is already 5 years old.  We went on some adventures including catching crawdads in the creek and hiking on some of the trails.  We spent the evening making coffee on the campfire and singing songs from the Disney "Pardners" album and from the "O Brother, Where are't though" album.  I was reminded of the days when my Papaw and Mamaw would take me to crystal clear streams and then we'd spend the evenings around a quiet campfire occasionally filled by a song or two.













No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!!! Just post your comments, however they may not appear in the comments display immediately. I'll try to respond asap!

Jon