Monday, May 7, 2012

My New Friend

I just had a wonderful conversation with one of the locals here from Liberal, MO.  I don't know what his name was but he stopped by my campsite to give me this lovely firewood.  I was getting ready to do some forest rummaging but decided to read my Bible and write in my journals first.  Good thing I did wait because then my new friend pulled up.  He shared with me all about who he was, where he worked before he retired, and then he asked me what I did.  I told him I was a youth pastor in Springfield.  He said, "A pastor!!! And here I am with already 3 beers in me!"

I had the opportunity to then hear about how he attended church when he was a kid, his confusion with protestants and Catholics, his nephew who was in jail in forsythe and a nephew who was a Sheriff around these parts.  Although my new inebriated friend was hard to understand he reminded me of moments that we get with individuals who cross our path.  I pray that I was faithful with my moment and the next Christ Follower sent across his path will be faithful as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!!! Just post your comments, however they may not appear in the comments display immediately. I'll try to respond asap!

Jon