Wednesday, May 2, 2012

The view I couldn't enjoy


     Yesterday as I reached this scenic overlook after hiking for 8 miles with a 60 pound pack, I couldn't really enjoy the view with the pain I was in.  I was distracted by the constant cramp in both my shoulder muscles, the weariness of my hips, and the blisters on my inner thighs.  I wonder sometimes if ministry is like this?  We are too distracted by the busyness, the pain of our parishioners,  and the yet to be reached that we miss the scenic overlook of what God is doing, or we see it but can't really enjoy it.

2 comments:

  1. Jon
    I am praying for you today! May today be full of God's grace and strength. Love you!
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang in there Bro! It is worth it. Love you!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!!! Just post your comments, however they may not appear in the comments display immediately. I'll try to respond asap!

Jon